Over the years, we’ve witnessed a shift in the world of investing. It seems that many advisors fall prey to the “hot stocks” or “model portfolios” of the moment, rather than focus on creating academic-driven investment strategies and educating clients. As a result, many investors' portfolios don’t match their comfortable level of risk and long-term goals, and they aren’t earning long-term market rates of return.
There are a lot of financial myths the average investor follows that are driven by the marketing departments within investment companies, rather than strategies based on academic research. At Aviator Investment Management, we seek to do things differently by taking a precision approach to investments. We avoid marketing-driven strategies and focus on academic-driven strategies, emphasizing research and time-tested data. Instead of chasing the markets or speculating what will happen next, academic research guides our decisions.
Rather than rely on marketing-driven strategies, we create an investment portfolio that aligns with your goals and educate you on academic-driven strategies. As the saying goes, “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” Through our education process, The Investment Coaching Series, our goal is to empower you to make sound financial decisions and inspire you to take an active role in your financial life.
As we navigate through this series together, we help you answer these 20 must-answer questions:
- Have you discovered your True Purpose for Money, that which is more important than money itself?
- Are you invested in the Market?
- Do you know how markets work?
- Have you defined your Investment Philosophy?
- Have you identified your personal risk tolerance?
- Do you know how to measure diversification in your portfolio?
- Do you consistently and predictably achieve market returns?
- Have you measured the total amount of commissions and costs in your portfolio?
- Do you know where you fall on the Markowitz Efficient Frontier?
- When it comes to building your investment portfolio, do you know exactly what you are doing and why?
- Are you working with a financial coach versus a financial planner?
- Do you have a customized lifelong game plan to guide all of your investing and spending decisions?
- Do you have an Investment Policy Statement?
- Have you devised a clear-cut method for measuring the success or failure of your portfolio?
- Do you fully understand the implications and applications of diversification in your portfolio?
- Do you have a system to measure portfolio volatility?
- Are you aware of the costs associated with purchasing commission-based products?
- Do you know the three warning signs that you may be speculating with your money versus prudently investing it?
- Can you identify the cultural messages and personal mind-sets about money that destroy your investing peace of mind?
- Are you ready to shift your personal experience of money and investing from a scarcity mode to an abundance mode – where you can live your life rather than obsess about your assets?
Contact us today to learn more about The Investment Coaching Series.